Issue 37: How to Ball Out for Cyber Monday

If you’re only now finding out about Crisp Bounce Pass, you can subscribe here!​

If you’re enjoying Crisp Bounce Pass, please forward this email to your friends! 🏀

Issue 37: Ball Out for Cyber Monday

Hope all my fellow Americans had a happy and relaxing Thanksgiving weekend — this was the first time in a LONG time that my entire weekend was turkey free. And you know what? I’m not too mad about it.

If you didn’t celebrate Thanksgiving, I hope you still had a wonderful weekend. I’m glad to be back in your inbox, and, like 90% of the emails you receive today, I’m sharing some Cyber Monday deals so you can make all your hoop dreams come true. Or at least get something nice to use at home. Let’s check ’em out.

Note: Some of these are affiliate links, which means I earn a small commission if you click and buy something. It’s no extra cost to you and it helps keep the newsletter running.

AOKESI Indoor Mini Basketball Hoop

AOKESI Mini Basketball Hoop

I’ve shared this before, but at my last job, I purchased a mini basketball hoop for our office. I cannot remember a better office purchase. 90% of my office mates loved stopping by to shoot a few jumpers; the other 10% were soulless (or just don’t like basketball, hard to say).

As many of us are still working remotely, a mini hoop means that 100% of the people in your office will dig it. You can turn and knock down a 3 after a successful meeting. You can Euro-step around your dog and sink a finger roll.

And don’t even get me started on the number of posterizing dunks you can do. Just make sure someone’s filming so you can capture yourself in all your glory.

Dave and Adam’s Card World Basketball Card Boxes

DACardWorld Boxes

As a kiddo, I used to collect a TON of different basketball cards. I have a Michael Jordan card where he’s dunking over the city of Chicago. According to eBay, it’s worth anywhere between $18 and $13,000 so I’m practically a millionaire.

You may have missed out on the MJ train, but you can certainly catch the RJ one, as in RJ Barrett. Or Zion Williamson. Or last year’s Rookie of the Year Ja Morant. Or…look, I could keep naming players for a shockingly long time, but I’ll spare you that anguish.

The important thing is Dave and Adam’s Card World has a dozen or so boxes and blister packs available for cheaper than usual. Even if you’re not a card fanatic, there’s still something really soothing about cracking open a few packs. They also make for great YouTube videos and podcast episodes. 12/10 would recommend.

Brumlow MILLS Basketball Court Rug

Brumlow MILLS Basketball Court Rug

If you’ve ever wanted a basketball court in your house but don’t have a spare 94 x 50 feet to drop one down, you can use a bit of a cheat code instead.

This Brumlow MILLS rug is a nice accent to any area of the home. And the 3’4″ x 5′ size is 56% off for Cyber Monday. Run your favorite plays on the floor or just point out exactly where you were on the court when you nailed that halfcourt heave.

It’s also machine washable and has a durable non-stick padding, which makes it A-OK in my book.

McDavid Knee Compression Sleeves

McDavid Compression Sleeves

As I was growing up playing ball, I always thought people with knee braces were SUPER slow. That’s not the case 100% of the time, but it makes sense: a bulky brace + knee damage = probably not a good time.

But compression sleeves? They make you look and feel sleek. Whether you’ve previously had knee pain or just want some extra protection for future hooping or weight-lifting adventures, these sleeves keep your muscles warm so you can go longer with cramping or fatigue.

They’ll also protect you from scrapes, cuts, and other bruises you’d otherwise experience from banging your unguarded knee into the ground, another person, a rogue mailbox, whatever. And anything we can do to save our knees is splendid.

DICK’s Sporting Goods Hoops and Gear

DICKs Sporting Goods Gear

Literally anything you buy from DICK’s on Cyber Monday is 25% off, but you can also score some sweet deals in the hoops world. And I mean that both with physical hoops and all kinds of essential gear, like hoodies, shorts, and sneakers.

I wore a pair of Under Armour shoes I got from DICK’s earlier TODAY in fact, as I struggled through my first post-Thanksgiving workout. If you’re also feeling the effects of overeating all weekend, maybe just grab a ball and play fetch with it across the living room. Baby steps to get back in the swing of things.

That’s all ’til next time. Thanks for reading!


P.S. Did you get this email forwarded to you? Subscribe to Crisp Bounce Pass here.